Android Auto is a smart driving companion that lets you stay connected, entertained, and focused while on the road, thanks to the power of Google Assistant. With its simple and intuitive interface, big buttons, and voice commands, Android Auto is designed to make it easy to access your favorite apps on your phone while driving.
Using voice commands, you can use Android Auto to do the following:
• Get turn-by-turn directions with real-time GPS navigation and traffic updates from Google Maps or Waze.
• Receive real-time updates on your route, estimated arrival time, and any potential hazards.
• Ask the Google Assistant to check your calendar to know your schedule for the day.
• Set reminders, check the latest news, and get sports scores and updates.
• Stay focused on the road by setting a custom “do not disturb” message while driving.
• Make and receive calls hands-free using the Google Assistant.
• Access your contacts and send and receive messages via SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, WeChat, Kik, Google Allo, and other messaging apps.
• Control your infotainment system by using popular music apps like Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, TIDAL – High Fidelity Music Streaming, Napster Music, and Deezer. Android Auto also supports various other music, radio, news, sports news, audiobook, and podcast apps.
The list of compatible apps is constantly growing, so be sure to check http://g.co/androidauto for an up-to-date list of apps.
To use Android Auto, you’ll need an Android phone running version 6.0 or higher and an active data connection. Over 400 car models now support Android Auto, so check your car’s owner manual or contact the manufacturer to find out if your car is compatible. Once you’ve enabled Android Auto, connect your phone to your car using a high-quality USB cable to get started.
Learn more about Android Auto and compatible cars at http://android.com/auto. For support, visit http://support.google.com/androidauto, or ask for help from the community at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto.